Some dishes and meals have a direct power to affect mood and overall life stratification – Red Lentil Dal is one of them.
While looking for a healthy, warm, and tender meal – you should try this red lentil dal recipe with Indian curry flavor. This delicious recipe below can spice up your regular menu, whether you’re vegetarian, vegan, or just looking for new recipes’ ideas.
Red lentils are packed with protein, fiber, and other essential nutrients such as B vitamins, iron, potassium, and zinc. Thus, adding such ingredients to your diet could develop a balanced meal choice.
Nutrition Value Per serving:
Indian Lentil Dal Vegan Recipe
For the Lentil
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion (chopped )
- 1 tbsp ginger (grated)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced )
- 1.5 tbsp ground umeric
- 1.5 tbsp ground cumin
- 300 gram red lentil (pre-washed)
- 1 canned tomatoes (chopped)
- 1.2 liters vegtable broth
- 2 tbsp cilantro
For homemade tortillas
- 200 gram white/plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 250 gram dairy free plain yogurt
- salt to taste
For the Lentil Dal
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat – add onion, ginger, and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stiring occasionaly.
- Using a medium-size saucepan, bring the vegetable roth to boil reduce heat, and set a side.
- Add the turmeric and cumin to the skillet and cook foranother minute; keep stirring.
- Add the lentils and tomatoes.
- Add the vegetable broth – reduce heat, cover with alid, and simmer for 30 minutes.
For the Tortillas
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and yogurt in a bowl. Mix until a thick dough is formed. Knead the dough into a ball shape
- Using a sharp knife to cut the dough into 8 eqaul parts.
- Take one ball of dough and form a flat disc.
- Place in a dry skilletover medium heat. Cook one tortilla for a 1-2 minutes on both sides until it begins to rise and brown.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro the lentil dal and serve with the tortillas.